Italian artist Giorgia Napolteano uses photographs of herself, combined with digital effects, to create dark and obscure recreations. Giorgia uses her work as a self-analyzing process, relinquished of stereotypes, to guide her art in new directions.
Tegan and Sara “Love They Say“
Watch The Slow Progress of Marriage Equality In One GIF
As of now 16 states have legalized gay marriage, 33 states still ban it either because of their constitution or state laws, and then we have New Mexico with no professed opinion either way (although some counties have started issuing marriage licenses in recent months).
The above GIF shows developments in the fight for marriage equality from 1973-2014. While it looks black at first, the pink and purple start creeping in there to give us hope.
Gay marriage in Hawaii goes into effect in December, Illinois in June 2014 and Oregon now recognizes out of state marriage. So maybe New Mexico should stop watching re-runs of Breaking Bad for five minutes and sack up in the fight for marriage equality. What do you say?
10 Must-See Photographs from the 1940s
- A mother is photographed while hiding her face in shame after putting up a sign announcing that she is putting her own four children up for sale in Chicago, Illinois in 1948.
- A sign posted to remind soldiers to take Atabrine, an anti-malaria drug, while stationed in Papua, New Guinea during World War II.
- A young man sits and reads a book in the ruins of a London bookstore after the air strikes in 1940.
- A young woman sprays her arm with self-tanning spray from a suntan vending machine in 1949.
- Hitler’s officers and cadets smile for a photograph while they are seated for Christmas dinner in 1941.
- A sorrowful suicide — 23 year old Evelyn McHale is photographed after jumping from the 83rd floor of the Empire State Building and landing on a United Nations limousine in 1947.
- An Austrian boy displays glee after receiving a new pair of shoes during World War II.
- A thoughtful soldier in the trenches shares his banana with a goat during the battle on the island of Saipan in the Mariana Islands during World War II in 1944.
- A distraught little girl desperately clutches her doll while sitting in the ruins of her bombed home after the air strikes in London, England in 1940.
- An anti-comic book movement began in 1940 causing many.watchdog groups to promote the burning of comic books claiming that Batman and Robin promoted homosexuality and that children would become confused about the law of physics because of Superman’s ability to fly.